The Unseen Problem
Breathing is among the few things that everyone in the world does constantly!
Yet, breathing is something we understand extremely little about. We take 20,000 breaths on a daily basis. It is vital to the survival of every living thing. Good quality air allows leading athletes to perform at their absolute best, it enables us to explore new depths of the ocean and new horizons of the sky while equipping our bodies to perform at optimal capabilities.
On the other hand, when we inhale poor quality air, it can significantly harm our health and wellness, resulting in asthma and other respiratory illness, lung cancer, strokes and many more unpleasant conditions. At its worst, repeated exposure to polluted air can even take lives. The World Health Organization estimates that 4.6 million people die each year from causes directly attributable to air pollution.
We find this alarming and very unacceptable.
When to use Urban Face Masks
Urban Face Masks® can be used to filter airborne particles such as PM 0.3, PM 2.5, PM 10, dust, allergens, post combustion particles, germs, shavings, odors, scents, mold, mold spores, particles in wildfire smoke, volcanic particulate pollution, and other airborne contaminants.
Our Urban Face Masks® are rated N95 for cotton masks and N99 for neoprene (performance) masks.
Features of our Face Masks
- Stylish design, comfortable and lightweight.
- Convenient fastening and adjustable size.
- Scratch resistant & anti-static.
- Durable, long-term use without deformation.
- Suitable for outdoor activities like running, cycling, and in public transportation.
Frequently Asked Questions
We include two replacement filters in all our masks. Extra filters can be bought seperately.
Standard Shipping will cost $10
Express Shipping will cost $12
We offer FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $100
Please note :We ship using Australia Post and there are currently delays with delivery for a few areas up to 6 weeks. Please note, we do not have control over this but we have been told that Express shipping is getting priority over standard shipping.
We normally use DHL express for our worldwide shipments and will be able to organise this if required. Our usual charge for International shipping is $28
Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- The name as it appears on the order
- The order number
- What the issue is with the order, i.e., I have not received my package.
We ship from Rouse Hill NSW and normally use our local Post office. All our shipments are sent with tracking and signature requirements so we will lodge an investigation right away with Australia post and provide you updates along the way.
Facial hair can interfere with the sealing protection of face masks. Some studies have shown that even a day or two of stubble can begin to reduce protection and make face masks ineffective.
Unfortunately, No. Our Child face masks are recommended for children ages 3-8 years old. We have found children younger than this pull out masks and tend to touch the masks and their face often.
We also have a handful of small built customers that have bought our child face masks for their teenages and these have fit nicely to their face, however, if you have a teenager that has chubbier cheeks – we would recommend our adult masks as this provides a better fit around their mouth.
- We recommend the best way to wash Urban Face Masks is by handwashing in lukewarm water and mild detergent.
- Drip dry in a shady or partially shaded area, away from direct sunlight.
- Do not use bleach
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not dry clean
- Do not wring, soak or bleach.
- Do not iron
- Do not leave rolled up wet
- Avoid contact with rough surfaces as this may cause pulling of fabric.
We do not recommend washing replacement filters as this will affect filtration performance, rendering them ineffective.
We do not recommend machine washing as this can introduce lint to your mask which can later be inhaled causing breathing issues.
We recommend filters that are currently in use to be left inside the mask unless you have used it for the recommended hours and it is time to change them.
To keep your replacement filters hygienic, avoid removing extra filters from packaging unless needed.
Avoid storing your face mask and replacement filters in humid areas.
How long a filter lasts for depends largely two factors:
- The level of particulate matter being filtered, as this will clog the filter over time.
- How many hours in the day you are using the filter, the more hours will mean the more particulate matter the filter collects.
Our general guideline for filter usage are as follows :
- 20-30+ hours of continuous use in heavy dust exposure to things such as; grain bins, off-roading, construction/demolition etc.
- 30-40+ hours of continuous use in light dust exposure to things such as; grain bins, off-roading, construction/demolition etc.
- 50-60+ hours of continuous use when protecting against allergens, pollutants, odors etc.
NOTE : We recommend replacing the filter once breathing through the filter becomes increasingly difficult or the filter is visibly dirty for hygiene reasons.
We do not recommend washing your filter as this will damage the filtration efficiency. If your filter has makeup on the inside, we recommend wiping it down with a dry cloth. Do not apply liquids to the filter.
In February 2020, We began local certification process. This process has two stages, the first being product test and the second being a manufacturing site audit.
Our product has had independent lab testing completed also for AS/NZS 1716-2012 which is the respiratory protection standard for Australia and New Zealand. We are currently on hold waiting for an on-site audit before we get complete testing certification done.
Please note that these masks are non-surgical masks so they do not require TGA approval. AS/NZS 1716-2012 is a voluntary certification which we are in the process of acquiring. This is currently on hold due to border closures around the world.
- The mask DOES NOT supply oxygen and must be used in areas with enough oxygen to support life.
- DO NOT use against industrial chemicals or oil-based particles such as paint.
- DO NOT use this mask for protection against the inhalation of silica.
- DO NOT use this mask for protection against the inhalation of asbestos.
- DO NOT attempt to reuse filter if exposed to mold.
- DO NOT use the Mask if breathing becomes more difficult than normal.
- DO NOT modify this mask in any way.
- The mask must fit properly for effective filtering.
- If breathing becomes difficult or other distress occurs, leave work area immediately and remove the mask.
- Facial characteristics and facial hair may reduce the effectiveness of the mask.
- Inspect the mask before each use to ensure there are no holes in breathing zone and no damage to the mask.
- Failing to follow all instructions and limitations of use for the mask can reduce the masks effectiveness and could result in sickness or death.